The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program is a homeless prevention program designed to assist veteran families in maintaining their housing and/or rapidly re-housing veterans and their families in Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren counties, New Jersey
. Veteran families will receive case management to assist them in developing a housing stability plan which may include support services, financial assistance and facilitating access to support services and benefits.
- Social Service Assistance Offered: All veterans participating in the SSVF program must be engaged in a sustainable housing planning. Case management services may include: Housing counseling/housing search, securing utilities, mediation with property owners, financial budgeting, employment assistance and linkage between participant and available services/benefits.
- Financial Assistance Services Offered: Temporary financial assistance may be available to eligible veterans who would be homeless but for SSVF financial assistance. These may include: rental assistance, utility payments, security payments, moving costs, child care and transportation expenses.
Veteran families from Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union or Warren counties, New Jersey who meet any of the three following categories:
- Currently residing in permanent housing, and at risk of becoming homeless.
- Currently homeless or recently exited permanent housing and scheduled/able to become a resident of permanent housing within 90 days (For example, living in a shelter, on the street or in temporary housing with an apartment identified).
- Exited permanent housing in the previous 90 days to seek other housing that is responsive to their needs.