Our Community Support Services Program is a mental health rehabilitation and support service that assists individuals to attain the skills necessary to achieve their wellness and recovery goals.
- Supportive services planning - Our support team works with each resident to develop a plan that focuses on the type and amount of support services the individual needs to succeed in their housing.
- On-site support - Counselors provide on-site support – typically on a weekly or bi-weekly basis -- to help individuals successfully transition to permanent supportive housing.
- Case Management - Linkage to behavioral health and medical care and community based services ensures a continuum of care and quality support.
- Skill development training - Skills development is provided with the primary goal of helping residents develop the full array of life skills that are essential for successful community living, including housecleaning; grocery shopping and laundry; money management skills; use of available transportation; meal planning and preparation; personal hygiene; and illness self-management.
- Mental health medication and illness self-management - A plan is developed to help each consumer monitor their symptoms; track early warning signs; develop coping skills and prepare a plan to prevent or minimize a relapse.
- Physical healthcare linkages - Our staff ensures that individuals have access to medical and dental care, including routine care, prevention and wellness services.
- Crisis Intervention - In the event of a relapse, our crisis intervention team helps the individual minimize or avert hospitalization.
To download a referral form for the Consumer Support Services Program, please click here.
Please fax referral forms to our confidential clinical fax at (973) 463-0086
To speak with a Community Hope staff member about this program, call 973-463-9600 extension 320